Welcome to The Double Shift.
We are a newsletter and community that's a social change laboratory for moms.*
Our weekly newsletter is focused on examining the forces that shape family life in America, and ways to challenge the status quo of motherhood. Expect storytelling, bold ideas, and ways to envision a better future for all.
*While we often center mothers in our work, everyone who cares about care is welcome, regardless of gender identity or parental status.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Most media aimed at moms tries to convince us that we are one app, one workshop, one lunch packaging strategy, and one self-help hardcover away from "making it all work" and "having it all." The core belief is that what's difficult about being a mother in the 21st century can be fixed with personal micro-solutions.
We believe the opposite. We are interested in systemic solutions to personal problems, because there's nothing wrong with us moms. What is broken is our society. And together, we can start to make more meaningful connections, explore big ideas and start to make in-roads to make a more just world for everyone.
- audio newsletter in your favorite player
- weekly members-only threads
- connecting virtually and IRL w/other community members
- All the benefits of contributors
- Your support keeps the newsletter accessible to all readers
- We'll donate a Double Shift membership to someone who wants it but can't afford it right now
- All of the benefits of Contributors & Supporters
- Limited access to first-come first-serve monthly office hours w/Katherine to discuss the topic of your choice